Six from Mines chosen for DARPA Risers
Six early career scientists at Colorado School of Mines were named to the 2022 Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Risers class.
DARPA Risers is a program that provides up-and-coming standouts in their fields the opportunity to be recognized for their notable work and present their ideas directly to DARPA. Those selected are engaged in research related to national security and demonstrate the potential to lead to technological surprise – the heart of DARPA’s mission.
The six selected from Mines are:
- Bikram Adhikari, a PhD student in quantitative biosciences and bioengineering who is part of the Krebs Research Group
- Danny Drury, a PhD student in materials science who is part of the Brennecka Lab.
- Brian Eckstein, a postdoctoral fellow in the McGuirk Group.
- Tyler Sodia, a PhD student in quantitative biosciences and bioengineering who is part of the Cash Lab.
- Michael Stager, a PhD student in chemical engineering who is part of the Krebs Research Group.
- Jongeun You, a postdoctoral fellow in the Marshall Lab.
The DARPA Risers participants from Mines will be presenting their research at the invitation-only event DARPA Forward on Aug. 30 and 31 at Colorado State University.